Thursday, July 22, 2010

Back To The Citadel!

We finally had enough people around to do some raiding last night. First off was TOC for Jaraxxus, because he was the weekly raid and thus needed to be dead. Then after a minor roster shuffle, we were off to ICC.

With a PUG pally offtank, who managed to annoy all of us, I think, in one way or another. But oh well.

It was great to be back doing stuff. I hadn't really realized how much I had missed Barraccus. And hitting things. And seeing shinies (even if it's cloth shinies that I can't use). And, well, you get the point.

Barraccus was a bit of a loot ninja- he got 3 upgrades. Morrowgar dropped a nice tanking neck that I won the offspec roll for, then later after the Lootship fight he picked up some main-spec boots. This was where the pally started getting annoying. Apparently everything that dropped was an upgrade, as he picked up a caster sword with +hit (meh, noone else wanted it), then rolled on the boots, and at some point (I forget which fight it was) he wanted to roll on some cloth bracers that also had +hit. Those went to our mage, but the fact that he wanted them kinda irked me and a couple others.

Pro tip: Pally healers don't need +hit. And that's overlooking the fact that they're cloth, not plate.

Anyway, moving on. We knocked down Saurfang with no trouble, and he dropped the 2-hand axe. Now, I had been waiting for a 2-hander to drop and for me to win it, because I've been wanting to go back to blood or unholy on Barraccus. Since he's been dual-wield frost so far, and it would technically be an offspec roll, I waited for the lootmaster to call OS, then rolled on it then. Thankfully no one wanted it for main-spec. I lost the roll, but our pally main tank won it. A little further into the instance, he handed it over to me.

O.o *cue happy music*

I wound up waiting until after the raid was over before respeccing- Barra's unholy now- and then ran a quick heroic to test it out. I liked the numbers and can't wait to try it in a raid, though he still has his frost dps spec just in case.

Back to the night's raid..... We usually clear the first wing, then flail at Rotface/Festergut for a bit before calling it. This time, we got them both down. BOTH OF THEM DOWN. That was an awesome first for us. Friday night we go back, and we'll get to start off on Putricide first thing. Or maybe Blood Wing, who knows.

Now, I know that the probable main reason we did so well was because the "pity buff" is up to 30%? But still, it's nice to be able to work together and get stuff dead. If we have to be buffed out the wazoo to do it, well, it's fine by me. And that's all I will ever say about the ICC buff. (Maybe. I think.)

So that's about it. Wound up taking an unintentional nap before raid, so I didn't get anything done with anyone else. Today will be Level Alts time, then we go back to ICC Friday. Might have something else interesting to report by then, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment