Saturday, August 14, 2010

Driving to NC- Vacation Day One

I had to be up stupid-early for work, so I was a little worried about driving for 3+ hours right after. I forgot who was gonna be in the car with me. My brother and sister did a good job keeping me awake and alert (maybe a bit too good) and we arrived just fine.

So what good is a long drive without highlights? Here's some noteworthy happenings:

- Stopping at Chik-fil-a for food before hitting the road, and my sister dropped my straw underneath her seat. I had to stop the car so she could get out and find it.

-The surfer bar we drove past that sold "COLD BEEP". (Broken signs ftw)

-The bridge across the sound near here that has cobwebs decorating the siderails across the whole thing. Then I realized that most of the webs were occupied. By really BIG spiders. I developed a case of tunnel-vision after that. >.>

-The sheer number of ABC stores we passed once we crossed into North Carolina.

Can't remember much else. Tomorrow I believe we are hitting the beach first thing, so might have some pictures to post. Now I think I need to crash, it's been a really long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment